Telemedicine Appointments Available Now
At EmergeOrtho: Foothills Region the safety and well-being of our patients is our top priority. Telemedicine (video visit) refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely using live video visits. It allows our healthcare providers an additional way to evaluate, diagnose and develop treatment plans with a patient using technology, such as video chat and smartphones, without the need for an in-person visit. Telemedicine video visits allow our team to interview and complete a limited exam to increase accessible care options for our patients and to provide an innovative and convenient way for patients to interact with a physician or physical therapist.
To schedule a telemedicine appointment, please call (828) 324-2800.
If you have been scheduled for a telemedicine video visit, the following will be your next steps:
- Our team will contact you via text message or e-mail to join your video visit at the appointed time through a program called Doxy.me.
- Be sure your cell phone is able to receive text messages. If using a computer, be sure to check your email’s junk or spam folder.
- Our team will provide you with the meeting room ID and password in the message.
- Once connected via the Doxy.me room, wait for our provider or physical therapist to appear on the video call. This starts your visit.
- Upon completion of the visit, please be sure to completely close out the connection.
Telemedicine Helpful Tips:
- Do your best to select an area with a strong internet connection, either through data or WiFi.
- Please select a private area that is well lit and free from distractions and interruptions.
- Prior to the video call, please remove any bandages or dressings.
Telemedicine Helpful Links: